NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) offers education based on the 2010 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)/American Heart Association (AHA) “Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care: Neonatal Resuscitation Guidelines.” It is designed for any healthcare professionals involved in the delivery and care of newborns. The 2010 6th edition textbook is available for purchase. You will receive the official AAP/AHA course completion card immediately upon successful completion of the course.
NRP STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE EXAMINATION PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE NRP COURSE.
NRP has been reformatted to require students to take an active role in their learning. The new 6th Edition format requires that ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE 6TH EDITION NRP EXAMINATION PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED CLASS. YOU MUST BRING YOUR COMPLETED EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE TO CLASS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NRP COURSE. THE NRP COURSE MUST BE TAKEN WITHIN 30 DAYS OF COMPLETING THE ONLINE EXAMINATION. Additionally, there is no longer a distinction between certification and renewal. All students will take the online examination and then participate in the same activities at the NRP Course. However, participation will be tailored to the experience of the student.
In order to complete the online examination, you will need to purchase or have access to the new textbook. Our students tell us that this is very important. The textbook is available through our website at registration. A Study Guide with key points will be sent to you when you register for the course. However, it only covers the key points and will not provide sufficient information to pass the online examination. The textbook is 329 pages and includes a DVD to watch. Please allow enough study time prior to taking the examination and registering for your NRP Course. Necessary study time varies by individual and experience.
NRP Course Components now include:
1. Take the written examination online (required).
When you sign up through Lifesaver Education, you will automatically receive one license for the examination that is included in the price of the course. Once you begin the test, you may exit and return to the test, but you only have 14 days
to complete the test. The exam is divided into nine lessons. Each lesson has approximately ten questions. You have two chances to pass each lesson. You may use your textbook while taking the test. If you do not pass even one lesson after the second try, you will be required to purchase another license through www.aap.org/nrp
. The cost for an additional license is $23.50.
2. NRP Course (required). You have 30 days from the completion date of your written examination to complete the NRP Course. Components of the NRP Course are:
· Performance Skills Stations
· Integrated Skills Station (required)
· Simulation and Debriefing (required)
This is a NO STRESS learning time designed to learn/refresh skills of neonatal resuscitation, not a pass/fail testing session.
3. NRP Preparation Lab (optional). At Lifesaver Education, we understand that it may be difficult for a new student to learn NRP only from reading a book. We are offering an optional opportunity to come and audit an NPR Course. You may participate in the performance skills stations, ask questions, and observe. This will not substitute for the NRP Course required following examination completion, but it may be very useful for new students to familiarize themselves with the material prior to taking the examination. There is an additional charge of $45 for this option. You will receive a $10 promo code to use when you sign up for the NRP Course at Lifesaver Education.